The Gout Self-Management App Study is part of a continuing professional development activity for primary care nurses, who have identified their learning needs in the following areas:
- Providing self-management support and team care for patients with gout, and/or
- Primary care research in chronic disease management.
The primary care nurses can claim CPD hours for their participation in the study as a self-directed learning activity. For more information, click here.
The activity involves taking part in the study in the following order:
- Participating in an eLearning module on cluster randomised controlled trials,
- Liaising with a participating GP in recruiting at least 3 eligible gout patients into the study and reviewing each participating patient at least three times over a year, and
- Reviewing educational content for patients on management of gout, including pain relief, urate-lowering therapies, and diet tips.
Study guides outlining activities involved in the study can be found on our study guide page.
For more information about taking part in the professional development activity please contact the following member of the research team:
|Name||Dr Eindra Aung|
|Telephone||02 8382 2199|
|Fax||02 8382 2724|
|Address||Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology
Therapeutics Centre, Level 2 Xavier Building, St Vincent’s Hospital
390 Victoria Street, Darlinghurst, NSW 2010, Australia