The Gout Self-Management App Study is part of a professional development activity for GPs for the 2017-2019 triennium approved by the following:
- The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) Quality Improvement and Continuing Professional Development (QI&CPD) Program for a total of 40 category 1 points.
- The Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM) Professional Development Program (PDP) for 30 Practice Reflective Professional Development (PRPD) points.
The activity involves taking part in the study in the following order:
- Participating in an eLearning module on cluster randomised controlled trials,
- Recruiting at least 3 of your eligible gout patients into the study and reviewing them, and
- Participating in a final eLearning module on the management of gout with urate-lowering therapy.
At the end of the professional development activity, the GPs will reflect on the results achieved by their patients compared to the overall study results provided by the study personnel and submit a report.
Study guides outlining activities involved in the study can be found on our study guide page.
For more information about taking part in the professional development activity please contact the following member of the research:
|Name||Dr Eindra Aung|
|Telephone||02 8382 2199|
|Fax||02 8382 2724|
|Address||Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology
Therapeutics Centre, Level 2 Xavier Building, St Vincent’s Hospital
390 Victoria Street, Darlinghurst, NSW 2010, Australia