1. What is this study about?
This study aims to determine the effectiveness of an eHealth tool (a mobile app), designed for people with gout.
2. Am I eligible to participate?
We are looking for people diagnosed with gout who:
- Are aged over 18 years;
- Currently reside in Australia;
- Have experienced at least two gout attacks in the last year;
- Have a smartphone or tablet device and access to the internet; and
- Are receiving or eligible to receive gout medication from their GP to prevent attacks.
3. What does my participation involve?
If you decide to take part in the research, you will receive one of two versions of a mobile app, designed for patients with gout. You will be asked to:
- Use the mobile app for one year, recording gout attacks using this tool;
- Attend your GP for routine gout check-ups and the pathology service for blood tests at the start, at 6 months, and 12 months;
- Complete 3 surveys about you and your gout.
4. What are the possible benefits to my participation?
We hope to use information we get from this research study to help improve future eHealth tools for a variety of medical conditions (including gout).
Additionally, you will be reimbursed for your time with a $30 gift voucher, after completing both a blood test and the survey at each time point of the study; the start, 6 months and 12 months. Assuming that you complete the study in its entirety, you will receive a total of three $30 gift vouchers ($90 worth of value).
5. How and when will I find out what the results of the research study are?
The research team intend to publish and report the results of the research study in a variety of ways. All information published will be done in a way that will not identify you.
If you would like to receive a copy of the results you can let the research team know by contacting the research personnel using the details in the sidebar.
6. How can I express my interest in taking part?
If you would like to participate, you can confirm whether you’re eligible and express your interest by completing this form.
7. I have further questions, who can I contact for help?
If you want any further information concerning this project or if you have any problems, which may be related to your involvement in the project, you can use the following details to contact our research team:
|Name||Mr Jacob Bechara|
|Telephone||1800 931 544|